Humanitarian relief and social projects are part of HALUAN main activities. On the domestic scenes, our volunteers work with the government agencies and local communities for relief and recovery efforts for the flood victims during monsoon seasons.
Our formal and structured relief missions to aid local communities in Malaysia began in 2004, when a major seasonal monsoon flood hit urban areas in southern Peninsular especially Batu Pahat, Kluang and Segamat.
We mobilised volunteers for early recovery efforts, including
- food, clothing and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) distributions,
- motivations and trauma healings for children,
- cleaning of homes and public buildings,
- emergency clean water distributions, and
- cooperation with government agencies at relief centres, especially in medical services.
Internationally, HALUAN cooperates with international NGOs to help relief work for the victims of natural disasters and war conflicts since 2002. Our engagements include delivering basic needs including food, clothing and shelter, conducting educational and health services, and organising solidarity campaigns.